Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 14 Thursday Night Preview

Raiders at Chargers - Dec 04, 8:15 pm



If I had told you at the beginning of the season that these teams would combined for 7 wins at this point of the season, I am guessing you would have said the Chargers would have all seven wins. The Raiders only have one less win than the Chargers and hopefully Norv Turner will be put to sleep. The Raiders are really really bad on offense and the Chargers are just really bad on defense. With the poor defense the Raiders should score 17 points this game. The Chargers have a top 10 offense, a top 2 passing game and one of the worse run games in the league. The Raiders have an average defense and one of the worse run defenses in the league. During the offseason I hope to come up with a number of rules that I have learned. One thing I wish I knew was if a bad part of an offense could take advantage of a bad part of the defense. I say with LT (even hurt) and Sproles the Chargers are able to run. I see them putting up 28 points. Still this is pretty close to the spread and its quite possible that the Chargers have given up to make sure Turner does get fired. I feel most comfortable taking the over.

Teams Open Over/Under Projected Off Def Predicted Pick
Raiders 10 41.5 15.75 14.3 22.1 17 Over
Chargers -10 41.5 25.75 24.2 22.8 28

No comments: